It is no secret to anyone that if you have a business, it is almost mandatory that your name appears in search engines such as Google. Still, we also know that it is not easy to appear in the top results. To have a successful organic positioning strategy requires knowledgeable people.
Google My Business is precisely that solution. It is a platform that aims to help companies become more visible on the internet. This tool helps improve online presence and can help your company locally by making it easy for users to find your business efficiently. It is also an advantage since your company will appear as a “business card” on the right side of the search engine. The card will let people find your phone, website, and other contact information. That “business card” is also positioned higher than your website on Google, depending on the location where users see it.
For this reason, you should implement this tool for your company. Here are the steps to create your Google My Business account:
- If you don’t have an account, you must go to www.google.com/business and go to ‘Get your page.’ Choose the type of company. If you do not find a class that fits what you offer, you can choose the option that is closest to you.
- You must add the address or name of your company. You have to make sure that the name you will use is not currently being used by anyone else.
- After you have created your account, it must be validated. Google will send an email where you must enter a verification code and voila! Your Google My Business account is ready!
- Once the account is verified, you must fill in the rest of your profile. Fileds such as, hours of operation, telephones, products, highlights, description of the company, and more data that will be useful to your target audience
- Don’t forget to add images as these will give you an advantage over other Google My Business holders in your industry when people search for your services/products.
- Adding an address will link your account to Google maps, which will make your company easier to find.
- If you have more than one office, Google My Business gives you the option in ‘My business locations,’ to include more addresses. Google will create a new Local Google+ page for each registered address!
Once you follow all of these steps, you can enjoy your Google My Business account and get the most out of it.
We are QA Digital Ads, experts in design, creation, programming, and web positioning.