Social networks have become an essential piece in building an online presence. Facebook, among many, is one of the most important. The number of users on the platform and their paid advertising plans are among the best in the industry.
Facebook gives companies the option of creating a Fan page where followers can see updates, posts, images, and keep up with everything related to the operation of the business.
It is crucial that once you create your page, you know how to feed it with material that is attractive to your target audience.
What do I need to open a Fan Page?
The creation of a Fan Page is completely free, and not much is needed, but we suggest you have on hand:
- Information related to the company: A description of what you do, the products or services you offer, the hours of operation, website URL, and other information that may be relevant.
- You must have graphic support that has the corporate colors and the logo of your company. We recommend a profile photo (180px X 180px) and a cover photo (851px X 315px).
How to create a Fan Page step by step?
Now we are going to explain the step by step of how to create a Fan Page on Facebook.
- You must enter facebook.com/business and click on the button in the upper right corner that says, “Create a page.”
- Then it will ask you if the page is for a: Company or brand, A community, or Public character. You should select the one that best suits your purpose.
- You will need to upload the profile photo. We recommend that it be 180px X 180px in JPG or PNG format and show the company logo. It must look good so that users can quickly identify it.
- Often you can upload a cover photo in size 851px X 315px and JPG or PNG format. Facebook gives you the option to upload a video which should last between 20 and 90 seconds and be at least 820 x 312 pixels (although the recommended size is 820 x 462).
- You will already have created your Fan Page; however, it is important to adjust the configuration details:
- General: This confirms the creation of the page. Here you must configure the permissions that you grant users regarding the views of the publications, label authorizations, and restrictions by age and country.
- Messages: Surely, you have entered a Fan page and have been greeted immediately. You can configure this feature so that if you are unavailable, your client can still interact and feel served (even if it is an automated message.)
- Page information: Here, you can register all the necessary information about your company.
- Templates and tabs: Depending on the type of business you have, Facebook will offer you templates (customizable) with a series of pre-established information pages, which you can use to customize your Fan Page further. The options they give you are: Standard, company, showrooms, movies, a non-profit organization, politicians, services, restaurants and cafes, shopping, and video page. Select the one that best suits your business. You can edit, activate, or deactivate each tab or add new ones.
- Notifications: You must configure them as they will notify you of the actions taken by your followers.
- Roles of the page: If you have partners or people in charge of your business’s digital marketing, you must configure this action to give them permission to enter and modify what they need.
- Instagram: If you have an account, you can connect it with your fan page.
Finally, we also recommend configuring the “add a button” part tailored to your business objectives. There are buttons focused on making reservations, contacting the business, obtaining more information, buying items, or downloading apps. These features will establish contact between you and the customer, making their experience more comfortable.
Now that you know how to create a Fan Page, we invite you to put this step-by-step guide into practice and boost your business with the help of Facebook.
We are QA Digital Ads, experts in web design, creation, programming, and positioning.